We meet in Santo Domingo

An early start for a swift exit from St Kitts.  As with the entry St Kitts' exit is A breeze.  Today is the first day we manage to leave on time, actually we managed to leave early.  This was the day to do it since I have a three hour drive ahead of me.  

The flight to Tortola takes us past a number of islands including Saba, Saba has a pretty amazing runway.  Not sure what happens on Saba, but it looks like to be one big volcanic quarry.

The approach into Beef Island is picturesque and we land in good time.  Very quickly after we land the fuel truck arrives and fills us up.  Tortola is efficient.  Immigration and Customs goes smoothly.  The staff are not as pleasant and smiley as they were in St Kitts, but all is down efficiently.  We are turned around in less than one hour.  I am ahead of schedule.  Hopefully I will make it Maria before it is dark.

On route to Puerto Plata the weather becomes overcast, but not thundery.  We climb to 7,000 to avoid the rain which doesn't appear to be below us either.  We also have a stinking tailwind so are making good time.  We land at Puerto Plata at 13:30, great timing.  We accept handling here, for once I am kind of pleased as it may make like easier for once.  I think it did, but we didn't really need it.  

Outside the FBO I find my $400 driver and we head of south.

4 hours later I am in Santo Domingo arriving at El Embajador Hotel.  Maria is in the hotel lobby waiting for me, yeah! Happy days are here!  We arrange a key for me and sign in at reception before a celebratory drink.  

We then drop my stuff off and I change into civvie clothes for the first time in three months before we head out for dinner.  After unsuccessfully trying to find a gluten free pizza we are taken to a restaurant near our hotel.  This is an up market restaurant were the roof retracts back and forth.  


Back to the hotel and off to bed!

















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garmin GTN™ 750Xi | Touchscreen Flight Navigator Checklists for Cirrus SR22 and Robinson R66

Bay of Biscay - Prison Boat Bluejay Conclusion

Matt & Maria’s Trip to Sri Lanka 2018 - Part 4