Gruesome Start

An early morning, made easier because of Maria, until,we have to depart 😢😘.  My man Modesto is  ready for me, great news; I have four hours ahead of me in a Toyota Camera.  The right back seatbelt does not work so I move over to the left side.

It is a long trip so I sleep enroute.  Unfortunately I do not sleep enough, we have rain enroute, this is the rain that we will encounter on our way to Port au Prince.  But that is the least of it as the movie kid says "I see dead people".  Maria saw traffic fatality on her journey to Santo Domingo from Punta Cuna, to keep up with the jones, I saw one from Santo Domingo to Puerto Punta.  This puts a real dampner on the early rise.

Well deaths aside, I make it to the airport at 9:30, perfect timing.  Peter is just checking in so all is good.  My only Pro Alex is, is that I leave my Nike baseball cap with Modesto, the driver, ho hum, at least i am still alive.

We make it out of MDPP on time and head to MTPP, we expect some weather issues and expect to have to fly the coast.  We however route inland and avoid most weather. Our biggest routing problem is a bid as in real big prohibited area.

The prohibited area avoided we make it to Port au Prince, over the hill 10 miles out and then over the shanty towns toward the airport.  We set down on the stone helipad and clear customs before relating to MAF which is next door,to,the Presidents hangar.

The guys at MAF clear our baby down for us and we head to the "elite hotel". The location is shocking but the hotel is pleasant.  Eddie, probably did well here!

Too many beers followed by a pizza!

Looking forward to tour around Haiti and Port au Prince tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garmin GTN™ 750Xi | Touchscreen Flight Navigator Checklists for Cirrus SR22 and Robinson R66

Bay of Biscay - Prison Boat Bluejay Conclusion

Matt & Maria’s Trip to Sri Lanka 2018 - Part 4