I would never say that I told you so! But I did!!!

No Handlers, No Problemo!

After our Italian Pizza in Mexico we are now headed further south to Tampico
and Veracruz.  Tampico is an oil and gas town, Veracruz possible a slightly more hoilday locale.

We star the day off being watched by one of our handlers at breakfast, please please leave me alone!  He takes us to the airport and we are ready tomgom30 mins early, great, oh but not so,great the handler has organised a young reporter from the local flying magazine to interviews us, thanks but no thanks, anyway the reporter is pleasant enough and we do,our bit, no of to Tampico

Enoriute imagian state that all handlers should be cancelled for Central America except Nicaragua.  The boys claim to,have done this, but are they pissed, yes they are!

It is a bumpy ride south through the hills but we are heading towards the Gulf coast and it is getting greener.

We land at Tampico, at it is a breeze, we pay and file are flight plan and landing fees and fuel in less than 45 mins.  I said paid, but actually they comped us! They also took pictures and stated that they may try to get us on the local to news.  In addition theynbougjt us soft drinks!  Eat you heart out lads.

We get away early for Veracruz and are dealt with by very efficient ATC!  ATC in Mexico has been really good!

We follow the coast down, spotting dolphin or porpoise as well as loads of turtles. The coast line is "real pretty" (famous actress line).

We get into veracruz, and again it is the same deal, I.e. No Problemo, I just,saved us $1,200,  I what thanks guys.

However still the boys want to arrange handling in Guatemala! We do not need it, believe me guys the guys at Baja Bush Pilots ,fly here often. Please listen to local knowledge.

I insist on us cancelling the handling in Guatemala, even though we are being pressured immensely with loads of bs.  I am prepared to be humiliated!

Veracus is a vacation city as far as I can see, and is on the gulf.  I manage a swim, dinner and a visit to the local Irish pub, McCarthy's. (All this while having my room smoke alarm repaired at the Hilton Garden Inn).

So let's see what happens in Guatemala City tomorrow with no handlers and required fumigation.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garmin GTN™ 750Xi | Touchscreen Flight Navigator Checklists for Cirrus SR22 and Robinson R66

Bay of Biscay - Prison Boat Bluejay Conclusion

Matt & Maria’s Trip to Sri Lanka 2018 - Part 4